TOP STORIES
Australia head coach Andrew McDonald drops huge update on Pat Cummins and Josh Hazlewood

Australia head coach Andrew McDonald has provided a massive update on the fitness of skipper Pat Cummins and pacer Josh Hazlewood ahead of the second Ashes Test, beginning on December 4 at The Gabba. Both Cummins and Hazlewood missed the opening Ashes Test owing to their respective injuries.
Cummins missed the game due to back issues, while Hazlewood had been sidelined with a hamstring strain. Josh Hazlewood, meanwhile, looks set to miss the Gabba Test; however, head coach McDonald expressed optimism that the experienced seamer will rejoin the squad later in the series.
"He's working through the first week of his rehab. I'm not sure that we need to give an update on that. Once he gets further down the track and [we] have some rough timelines, then we'll be in a position to communicate that,” McDonald was quoted as saying by ESPNcricinfo.
"I know that he'll be available at some point during the series. We've got a little bit of that early rehab to go through to formulate where he may plug into the series, but we expect him to take some part in the series,” he added.
Talking about Cummins, McDonald said a late decision will be made on captain Pat Cummins’ fitness. Cummins has been working intensively in the nets and remains hopeful of returning to lead the attack in the day-night pink-ball fixture.
"It looked like a player that was nearing the completion of his rehabilitation. The intensity was there, the ball speed was there. There's a lot of positives, but now it's just really building that resilience within the soft tissue and making sure that we're not putting him in harm's way in terms of accelerating it too much,” McDonald said.
“But it will be a genuine discussion leading into this Test match. That may be one that eventuates late for us. A little bit to work through but it's nearing completion, which is really, really positive,” he added.
Australia are leading the series 1-0 after securing a dominant eight-wicket victory over England in the first game.
Tags
More News

Kieron Pollard named captain of MI Emirates for ILT20 season 4
MI Emirates (MIE) have announced Kieron Pollard as their captain for the upcoming season of International League T20 (ILT20). The fourth edition of the tournament begins on December 2, 2025. Nicholas Pooran, who captained MI Emirates last season, remains in the squad. However, his commitments to MI Cape Town in the SA20 — which partially overlaps with ILT20 — m...

"Their importance at any point is huge": KL Rahul highlights importance of Rohit and Kohli ahead of 1st ODI against South Africa
With Shubman Gill ruled out due to a neck injury, Indian batter KL Rahul will lead the Indian team in the upcoming three-match ODI series against South Africa. The first match begins on November 30, 2025, in Ranchi. Rahul has led India in ODIs before, having captained 12 times between 2022 and 2023.
"Just a day before the announcement, I was told th...

Focus shifts to ODIs as India and South Africa meet in Ranchi
Following a historic and hard-fought Test series, the spotlight now shifts to the white-ball leg of South Africa’s tour of India. The two sides will meet in the first ODI in Ranchi on Sunday, marking the beginning of a three-match series. India enter the ODI series with a point to prove. They were squarely outplayed in the Tests, falling short in both in bowlin...

"When we beat India in...": Babar Azam recalls Pakistan’s historic win
Pakistan's batting legend Babar Azam has often spoken about the defining moments of his career, but few memories stand as vividly in his mind as the night of October 24, 2021, when he led Pakistan to a landmark 10-wicket victory over India in the group stage of the ICC T20 World Cup.
For years, Pakistan had searched for a World Cup win over their ar...

"They come very poorly trained": Ex-Indian players highlights India's batting woes on home soil
India’s shocking 0–2 defeat to South Africa in a home Test series has triggered a wave of criticism, with former India cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar slamming India's batting efforts. Reflecting on India’s inability to cross even 250 in any of their four innings, Manjrekar believed that the core problem lies in India's training. According to ...

Android App
iOS App
YouTube
Facebook
Instagram