TOP STORIES
Sam Konstas inks four-year extension with Thunder

Extending his contract with the Sydney Thunder, Australian batting sensation Sam Konstas has signed a four-year deal with the club. Konstas made an eye-catching BBL debut last year, plundering the fastest half-century in Thunder history. He got to the milestone off just 20 balls.
“I remember being a fan in the stands watching my heroes like Davey [Warner], Michael Hussey and Andre Russell play for Thunder, so to extend for another four seasons is very exciting,” Konstas said as quoted by Cricbuzz.
“Batting with Davey [Warner] last season was a great learning opportunity for me because he’s very strategic in the way that he goes about things. I felt like I had a lot of clarity and freedom to play my game. We’ve got an exciting group again which now includes Shadab [Khan]... I feel like this is the year we’re going to dominate.”
Sydney Thunder General Manager Trent Copeland said it was one of the easiest decisions for them.
“This contract extension is one of the easiest decisions we’ve made. Since I started in this role, it’s been remarkable to watch Sam’s progression. This time last year he hadn’t played a BBL match, and to go from that to breaking records on debut – alongside his growth across other formats – shows just how far he’s come,” Trent Copeland said.
“This deal is huge in terms of tenure, and we see it as part of a journey that will hopefully make him a Thunder player for life."
Konstas, meanwhile, endured a disappointing Test series against West Indies recently, recording only fifty runs, including two ducks. However, Australia swept the series 3-0, winning all three Tests by huge margins.
Tags
More News

Kieron Pollard named captain of MI Emirates for ILT20 season 4
MI Emirates (MIE) have announced Kieron Pollard as their captain for the upcoming season of International League T20 (ILT20). The fourth edition of the tournament begins on December 2, 2025. Nicholas Pooran, who captained MI Emirates last season, remains in the squad. However, his commitments to MI Cape Town in the SA20 — which partially overlaps with ILT20 — m...

"Their importance at any point is huge": KL Rahul highlights importance of Rohit and Kohli ahead of 1st ODI against South Africa
With Shubman Gill ruled out due to a neck injury, Indian batter KL Rahul will lead the Indian team in the upcoming three-match ODI series against South Africa. The first match begins on November 30, 2025, in Ranchi. Rahul has led India in ODIs before, having captained 12 times between 2022 and 2023.
"Just a day before the announcement, I was told th...

Focus shifts to ODIs as India and South Africa meet in Ranchi
Following a historic and hard-fought Test series, the spotlight now shifts to the white-ball leg of South Africa’s tour of India. The two sides will meet in the first ODI in Ranchi on Sunday, marking the beginning of a three-match series. India enter the ODI series with a point to prove. They were squarely outplayed in the Tests, falling short in both in bowlin...

"When we beat India in...": Babar Azam recalls Pakistan’s historic win
Pakistan's batting legend Babar Azam has often spoken about the defining moments of his career, but few memories stand as vividly in his mind as the night of October 24, 2021, when he led Pakistan to a landmark 10-wicket victory over India in the group stage of the ICC T20 World Cup.
For years, Pakistan had searched for a World Cup win over their ar...

"They come very poorly trained": Ex-Indian players highlights India's batting woes on home soil
India’s shocking 0–2 defeat to South Africa in a home Test series has triggered a wave of criticism, with former India cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar slamming India's batting efforts. Reflecting on India’s inability to cross even 250 in any of their four innings, Manjrekar believed that the core problem lies in India's training. According to ...

Android App
iOS App
YouTube
Facebook
Instagram